Two weeks solid vacation with some superb beer behind me, it’s time to get back to blogging.
Some of you may have gathered by now that this blog only exists as a result of me being ejected from beeradvocate.com. If you are familiar with the site, you will know that as part of each member profile page there is a ‘free-write’ section where one can add ones own ‘Beer Thoughts’.
Deep philosophical musings, rampant inane bullshit and all points in between appeared in my profile over the years, but I thought I should resurrect the more profound (and permanent) ones here, as they help to define my ‘beer-self’. Here we go;
- At 12 years old I was sipping cask-conditioned Bass with my Dad – the rest is history
- American brewers – just because you CAN, doesn’t mean that you SHOULD
- American beer geeks need a deeper understanding (and appreciation) of lower ABV, subtle beer
- You CANNOT have a beer culture without public transport and/or walkability
- Session beer is defined by ABV, NOTHING else, and must be 4% or under to attract the moniker