Following Sunday’s, Session Beer rant, I’m going to start listing ‘References to Sanity’ and ‘References to Insanity’ as I come across them on the web. Here’s the first installment, much more to come!
References to Sanity
- Wadworth’s describe all of their beers here, and only ONE is described as a ‘session beer’ – at 3.6%
- Colchester CAMRA uses ‘session’ to describe many beers at their January ’11 festival – all under 4%, with none of those over 4% listed as session beers. The same again from the 2010 festival
- CAMRA’s 21st Battersea Beer Festival has some telling references to the word ‘session‘ in their flyer for the February 2011 event.
- A CAMRA festival list from 2010 with approx. 20 references to session beer, with the word being used exclusively in the correct, 4% and under manner
References to Insanity
- ShawneeCraft are describing ‘Session Beers’ as ‘up to 7.2% and above‘! WHA……..??? The really sad/funny/galling thing, is that their ludicrous statement of ABV is preceded by describing that they, ‘have the utmost respect…..for tradition’ in relation to session beers!
- Epicurious gets it 80% wrong!