A few extra thoughts and just to clarify a few things. This will be my last, direct post on the matter for now, then it will be back to beer.
1. Thanks to everyone that has voiced support (both privately and publicly), it’s truly appreciated. The overwhelming majority of those comments have taken the, “I didn’t always agree with you but have respect for your tenacity and knowledge”, stance – thanks, it means a lot. I think the positive comments and general agreement with my assessment of BA outweigh opposing views at an approx. 45:1 clip.
2. I think that BA has lost its way BUT I really have no quarrel with Todd or Jason per se. It’s their web site and they can do what the hell they like. Those of you who have expressed anger toward them are voicing your own opinions that do not (necessarily) reflect mine. Honestly, that’s the truth. Todd can be prickly, but it would be rich for me to criticize THAT too much! Candice on the other hand has just been thoroughly obnoxious toward me (and so many others) in a spiteful, mean, ignorant and profanity laden manner. Unlike Todd & Jason, she has rubbed me the wrong way and I am convinced that her role in the way that BA has changed for the worst is a VERY substantial and significant one. A shame.
3. All my reviews were purged a few hours after my post of last night – coincidence? I doubt it! I doubt that all of the photographs, places and beers that I added will suffer the same fate, but I guess we’ll see.
4. BA cannot control the preponderance of banal posts in the forums such as, ‘help me to decide if I should drink an IPA or a porter, tonight‘, or ‘let’s have a bracket of one brewery against another‘, BUT keeping the old school, super-knowledgeable BA’s around WOULD help!
5. I remain colossally proud of all the contributions, impact and knowledge that I imparted at BA over the years – that will never change.
I’ll be hanging around The Beer Spot in the future, with perhaps a very occasional appearance on RB, but reviews will stay here on dingsbeerblog.com
Thanks all, and a big ‘ole less than 4%’, CHEERS!